Croc Country

 Croc Country

Kerry McGinnis



Reviewed by Helen


I do love a good romantic suspense and the title pulled me in and I do love reading new to me authors and I loved this one, action with packed lots going on, fabulous characters and the setting is fabulous and it is set on a wildlife sanctuary in the gulf country. It had me turning the pages to find out what was happening and really liked Tilly and the strength she shows after what she has been through, this is a book to pick clear the decks though because you won’t want to put it down.

Tilly has been working as housekeeper at Binboona Wildlife Sanctuary, looking after the rangers and the wildlife that is bought in after being injured, she arrived two years before after a terrible tragedy in which she lost her husband and daughter at sea. All is well until the police come to see her asking about her husband Gerry and then everything seems to be turned upside down, then botanist Conner Doyle arrives Tilly gets more confused wondering who she can trust and who not too trust.

Tilly is training to be a ranger now and spends a lot of time with Conner out and about checking for plants and weeds, Conner asks a lot of questions about the other people who are living there which doesn’t sit well with her and then when Luke one of the other rangers and Tilly are out checking the caves they find evidence of wildlife smuggling and now nothings seems to be safe for Tilly, danger is lurking around every corner and she finds out more about Conner as they get to know each other and Tilly is right in the mix of things while trying to end the wildlife smuggling as well as a few other non- legal operations.

I really loved this story Kerry McGuiness has taken me on a trip to gulf country and shown me how beautiful it can be and how dangerous when you have evil people doing things that they should not, I was on the edge of my seat reading this one. As Tilly and Conner get closer and their feelings became clear it was really good to see them both get a beautiful HEA against the backdrop and murder and mayhem, Tilly showed such strength with everything that was going on and the other characters added so much to the story. This is the first of MS McGinnis’s books that I have read but it won’t be the last. I highly recommend this one.

Thank you to Penguin Random House for my copy to read.

5 stars

Published July 2nd 2020 by Penguin Random House