Rolled in Dust

 Rolled in Dust

Elsie Creek #6

Mel A Rowe



Reviewed by Helen


I absolutely love this series, I love Elsie Creek and I love the people who live there it is like coming home for a big family hug with every new book in the series and they just keep getting better with each book, this one I think was the most emotional so far, I cried bucket loads but I also cheered new resident Que on and on, what a heroine what a woman and Connor truly he is a hero worth his weight in gold, both Que and Connor have demons from their past that are there and need to be worked through and together they can, this is a must read book.

Que and her five year old daughter Billie have decided that it is time to settle down after years of travelling Australia in their caravan, by luck and a roll of sticky tape the decide that Elsie Creek will be home, Que is normally the quiet stick to yourself person but being in Elsie Creek sees her mixing and helping and then there is her neighbour Connor arrogant and disparaging but wow is there a spark and it is not long before Connor is helping Que in many ways but there are rules that must be stuck too.

Connor has come back home to the town he left when he was fifteen to help his parents after his mother’s heart attack, Connor is the bad boy from town and that reputation is still there after all of these years even though now he is hero in the navy, his first impression of the new neighbour is not a good one but the feisty little woman gets under his skin and it is not long before they are having a holiday fling because that is all it can be.

Que and Connor are settling into their life and fling, Que is really settling into town and her need to help a neighbour opens up some wounds that Que wanted kept buried but with Connor’s help Que is soon showing her strength and courage and when danger arrives in town not only is Connor a hero but so is Cecil. And Connor, Que is the person who can make him see who he really is, together they are the best.

Mel A Rowe has taken a subject that is a hard one and done it so well with understanding and care, she made me cry happy and sad tears she bought out the positivity of neighbours helping neighbours of friends caring for friends and she wrote the most beautiful and sensual romance of two people who need love and happiness so much, this is a story that I would highly recommend to any reader who wants to see a gorgeous HEA not just for Connor and Que.

Words escape me on how wonderful this book is, I was up late reading to the end and am still teary with happiness this morning as I write this review, thank you Mel A Rowe for another story that is etched in me for a long time and I can’t wait for my next visit to Elsie Creek.

My thanks to the author for my digital copy to read and review.

5 stars
Expected publication: November 23rd 2021