Light Up My Heart

 Light Up My Heart

A Point Perry Christmas

Joanne Spiers



Reviewed by Helen


I loved Joanne Speirs debut book set in Point Perry and was eager for another trip to this fabulous seaside small town with such awesome characters, I fell into this one it is Christmas time the weather is hot and Scarlett Reynolds has arrived home after her life in the city has fallen apart, Ryan Black, Christmas Grinch has taken up the job of nurse at the local hospital he did visit Point Perry for a summer holiday when he was seventeen and he has just run into Scarlett and she doesn’t remember him from all those years ago, can they have a second chance?

When Aunt Lilac has a fall Ryan and Scarlett are pushed together and there is no getting away from the effort of Lilac to push them together one problem, Ryan does not do Christmas and Scarlett is a huge fan of Christmas and when the penny drops and Scarlett memory comes back their first meeting doesn’t go that well, but with what needs to be done they are soon opening up to each other and hearts are opening up like they did all those years ago.

This really is a beautiful romance filled with so many emotions it had me turning the pages, Ryan and Scarlett are such beautiful and caring people they deserve to find love and happiness can the Christmas magic bring them together and see them heal from their pasts?

If you love a good Christmas story then this is one that I highly recommend, and being July it is the perfect time to read a Christmas story, thank you MS Speirs for another gorgeous story and I do hope there will be many more visits to Point Perry, I loved this one it left me smiling the ending is so romantic and fun.

My thanks to the author for my digital copy to read and review.

5 stars
July 25, 2024 by Nurturing Words