Deadly Falls

Deadly Falls

Charlotte Dean Mysteries #2

Phillipa Nefri Clark

Deadly Falls by Phillipa Nefri Clark

Reviewed by Helen

I have been looking forward to this book since I finished book one and MS Clark has not disappointed me, things are getting a little more sinister in the small town of Kingfisher Falls, when a local is found dead, is it an accident or murder and Charlotte Dean is finding that working in the bookshop is not as peaceful as she thought it would be, as she puts her mind to work trying to find out the truth.

Charlotte is very much enjoying her job in the bookshop with Rosie, things have settled down after the thefts and problems around Christmas, she is still wary of a few of the locals who live there, including the local police officer, so when said police officer Sid Browne arrives urgently and needs her help to check on the health of Octavia Morris long time local, Charlotte is pulled into a web of mystery and lies where she is second guessing the motives of everyone in town.

Charlotte is very good at keeping secrets and with her past history finding out she is being watched puts her on edge and with threatening phones calls this brings out her detective side and she takes a few risks investigating, she has a few suspects and finally when some detectives arrive to investigate and her friend and Rosie’s police officer son Trevor arrives she is forced to give up her evidence to help solve the case.

I really did enjoy this installment in the series, a one sitting read, there is a lot going on and I didn’t guess the guilty party till the very end, MS Clark had me changing my mind a few times, this is a fast paced story, the characters are bought to life on the pages, and there is still a few people that I am sure will cause more problems for Charlotte in the next book. Then there is the relationship between Charlotte and Trevor that is warming up very nicely as Charlotte finally opens up more about her past. Yes this is one that I do highly recommend bring on the next one I say, thank you MS Clark another keeper I can’t wait to be back in beautiful Kingfisher Falls.

5 stars


Published February 29th 2020