Matilda Next Door

 Matilda Next Door

Outback Brides Return to Wirralong #1

Kelly Hunter



Reviewed by Helen


I am late reading this series and I have no idea why, because I loved the first set of books and I love Kelly Hunter’s stories but never mind I am catching up and I loved this story so much, I love Wirralong and the characters who live there and seeing Tilly Moore catch the heart of her long time crush Henry Church had me pretty much reading this one in one sitting, then add a gorgeous baby and this is a must read.

Matilda, Tilly Moore is doing something that she has always wanted to do and that is a trip to London, she has so much planned and she will be flat sitting for her childhood friend Henry, who she hasn’t seen for some time, her neighbour growing up, he is here to visit his grandparents while Tilly enjoys her trip, or does she? Things don’t turn out the way she planned when she arrives in London.

Henry is home in Wirralong to visit his aging grandparents he is thrilled to be able to help Tilly out with her trip, she does so much for his family. Henry works hard and has made a good life for himself he didn’t have much until he moved to Wirralong as a young boy but when a baby arrives on his doorstep in London his life is never going to be the same for him or Tilly.

Emotions don’t come easy to Henry and being told that he has a daughter comes as a big shock and Tilly is his savior with her wonderful help, Tilly is up front and says what she wants, she is the most caring and beautiful person and it is not long before Henry is finally opening up to her and finding the words that he needs to say to her. Oh this is such a gorgeous story, lots of smiles and sighs from me in this one, falling in love doesn’t always come easy but when it happens it happens beautifully in this story, I do highly recommend this one.

5 stars
Published August 3rd 2020 Tule Publishing