African Hearts by Laura O'Connell



Reviewed by Desere


This was a romance with a twist. The author took me on a journey to Africa (Living in South Africa myself this held a special feeling for me).

The author did a stunning job with her characterization, and I fell in love with each and every one of them. The backdrop was descibed with such intensity that it nearly made me cry.

And what better than to learn a valuable lesson from a book, the author taught me that inter-racial romances can be handled with care and depicted into a beautiful love story.

I also adored "visiting" Africa and the author made it all so real through her words that it actually felt like I was there!

I felt emotionally blessed to have read this truly fabulous book. I will be looking forward for more from Mrs O'Connel.

4/5 star review

___________________________________________________________________________

Review by TashNz

What a beautiful, moving, descriptive and emotional romance.

We are taken on a journey from Australia to the beautiful lands of Africa.  I was just wowed by the beautiful descriptiveness of the land. I have never been on this side of the world and I too (in ref to Desere's review) feel like I have now "visited".

This is the first interracial romance I have read in a long time.  I found the story so moving and so empowering that I walked away from the book wishing there was world peace between races and that we can all find love no matter what race, size, shape we are.

I'm actually speechless, I cant think of any words that would do this story justice.

I will be looking out for future books by Laura O'Connell :))

4 Stars.