The Featherwood Beekeeper

 The Featherwood Beekeeper

Fiona McArthur



Reviewed by Helen


Fiona McArthur has taken me back to Featherwood one of my favourite places to visit catching up with the friends I already knew was awesome but meeting the newcomers to the small town was magical, I loved this one so much came for a trip to Featherwood to meet everyone.

Birdie Vaughan has just turned eighteen and has been living in foster care for twelve years, she has just finished school and is all set to attend university in the new year studying to be a midwife but first she needs to find her brother Marty she has just received a birthday card from him no address but is was posted in a town called Featherwood, so with her little campervan the one she saved for she is off on an adventure.

Natasha Yarrington is bee scientist and is setting out to discover why the bee hives around Featherwood are surviving so well when around the rest of the state they are not doing so well. She is going to visit a property Hidden Valley where the owner, Isaac Stevens lives totally off-grid but his hives are thriving and Natasha is determined to find out why.

Molly Rogan is newly married and very pregnant and at forty three she is thrilled, Molly loves people and cooking and has a real knack for helping people, she runs a small B&B and when a young woman is sent her way to rent it for a few days Molly is thrilled to have Natasha stay, a friendship grows and Natasha and her husband Richard have a real love of wines.

The story comes from the point of view of Birdie, Molly, Natasha and Isaac as we see all four people discover things that will change their lives, Will Birdie find Marty, what will Natasha finally discover is a way that is a shock and Isaac will he finally be able to put the past behind him and Molly her love of people will bring her such joy with these newcomers to town.

MS. McArthur has also researched bees so well and I learnt a lot about beekeeping, so much I didn’t know.

Oh I loved this one so very much I think it just might be MS. McArthur’s best yet I didn’t want it to end, I wanted to stay in Featherwood and I have my fingers crossed that we will be back there one day, this story has so many emotions running throughout it, I smiled and yes I cried happy tears, it is a beautiful story, one that I highly recommend, a must read.

My thanks to Penguin Books Au for my copy to read and review.

5 stars
September 15, 2026 by Penguin Books Australia