Shelter Me by Catherine Mann


Shelter Me (Second Chance Ranch, #1)

Reviewed by Desere

Staff Sergeant Mike Kolwalski only wants one thing when he gets home from Iraq, to sleep in a king sized bed with clean sheets! But before he does that he has to hand off his fallen commander's dog to his family without handing off his heart to Seirra.

Sierra McDaniel needs a break, a good long break! Her family life is crazy and when she's not mucking out the kennels, she's slogging her way through grad school. She certainly doesn't want yet another dog, especially because that reminds her of her father.

But most importantly she does not want to see Mr I'll charm you with just a smile , Mike again.  Now I know you're thinking these two characters will see each other again, there will be a little but of uneasiness and the families and friends will help to get them to get together but this is not exactly the case, you see our hero of the moment in this book is the dog!

Trooper " I am just as brave as the best soldiers of all time" has a mission all of his own, and before long Mike is moving in to the ranch to lend a helping hand and hoping for his second chance with Sierra . But will Mike win Sierra's heart again or will Trooper's most important mission yet fail miserably?

I have read many books from this author before and each time am amazed more and more ! Her books are always full of life and filled with deep emotion that slowly tears your heart to shreds with sadness and then beautifully mends it back with such happiness there is just nothing more beautiful.

Shelter me was no different, I loved the characters in this book! I felt so deeply connected to them both it was as if they were right in front of me acting out their parts and so much more than just characters in a book.

What I truly enjoyed about this read were the various relationships, not just the one between Sierra and Mike. The family and friends that stand together no matter what, the we fight everything that is unjust and if we go down we go down together element made it all feel very realistic and I felt like I wanted to be apart of this family, like even if I was not a family member I would still be helped by them no matter what, fantastic job Catherine!

I adored Trooper, so cute and so addictive to read about, and a really cool touch , some of the story lines were told in Trooper's own words. Once you start this read you will not be able to put it down, it was beautiful from start to finish.

I highly recommend this read for all fans of second chance romance reads. A message about there always being a way to make it work shines through on every page!

5/5 star review
" She wants to be left alone, but he wants to shelter her from the hurt"