The Ultimate Revenge by Victoria Parker


The Ultimate Revenge (21st Century Gentleman's Club #3)

Reviewed by Desere

For over a decade Nicardro Santos, heir to the legendary diamond legacy has lived with one unrelenting purpose, to infiltrate the ultra prestigious Q Virtus gentlemen's club and bring it and it's leader, Zues down.

But what he doesn't know is that Olympia Merisi the daughter of his enemy, is now the one in charge! Olympia has her own reasons for wanting to keep Nicandro close and she will stop at nothing to protect what belongs to her.

The only question that remains at the end of the day is what will happen when the battle lines of hate and anger start to blur and more dangerous and sensual ones start to emerge?

I have been a fan of this author's books since the first time I picked up her debut, she has a way of luring  you into a story that seems as dark as its characters and then slowly and so beautifully dragging you back to the light.

And each time I step into the darkness I cannot help but wonder if am going emerge on the other side as the same person I was before I read the book, because with this author you know there is a guaranteed happy ending in the works but her writing is so full of life and so unpredictable ( I love her for the unpredictable parts as a predictable book is never any fun) that I am never sure if I will at the end of the read still feel that surge of joy and excitement when reading the back cover. It's almost and yes I know this sounds completely off for a Harlequin read, but it always seems as if she is going to kill of the main characters when I least expect it and then what? Thankfully it is ever the case , but it is in this unique captivating, keep my attention all the way through till the end magical way of writing that the true genius of this author shines through time after time.

In this her latest read she has done it all again and ten times better! I was completely addicted to the book from the first page, I could not put it down for fear am going to miss something, and yes I realize it's a book and not a tv show and thus one is able to put down and come back later, yet I simply could not bring myself to do it.

And the darkness was once again there in full force, and my oh my was it simply delicious! I was not nuts about Nicandro having thoughts and such a drive to take revenge , because let's face it, seeking revenge never makes you a nice person it makes you cold, dark and totally not likable, but what I did love is how the author changed his outlook on life once he encounters Olympia. It was like reading about a lonely creature being dragged into the harsh reality of life in order to learn what truly matters in life.

Olympia was really awesome, awesome heroine. I adored this woman for being so strong and fighting for what is hers, of course hiding behind a mask of identity showed her more in the light of weak yet she is so determined in making it all work that her weakness takes a back seat and more than once the author completely let me forget about it all together , and then suddenly gently reminded me , really brilliant work Victoria !

From this read am taking away a message of revenge is a very bad thing to go after in life, but sometimes it is the very thing needed to bring you back to reality. The trick is how you react when the chance for the return comes to be able to see it for what it is, a second chance at a life of happiness. And most importantly hiding behind facade, pretending to be someone you are not is never the answer, yes some people will not understand or even want you around but it's simply because they cannot handle the real you. Stand strong and be you  it's what will ultimately let you win any battle in life.

I highly recommend this read for all fans of brilliant, blow your mind, beautiful , stunning tear my heart to shreds and make it whole again with magical romance, reads. Victoria Parker has once again shown why she's a leading lady in each and every aspect of writing the perfect so close to reality read it will leave you in tears and begging to be dragged back for more!

5/5 star review
" Revenge is what he seeks, what he finds will bring his soul back to life" 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Reviewed by Janie

I was given this book to read for an honest review. What I can tell you right off is not to read this book when you're tired. You'll miss too many yummy details of the story. I reread this during the day and I have to tell you I LOVED IT!

The story centers around Nicandro (Nic) Santos, heir to the Diamond Legacy. His parents were killed and he blamed a man called Zeus. Zeus had a daughter that he knew absolutely nothing about. Olympia (Pia) Mirisi was dumped on her fathers doorstep by her mother. She has been abused and her mother then OD on drugs.

Nic makes a bet with Pia that if he gets her into bed that she would have to introduce him to Zeus. Pia fights her attraction for Nic. A sudden snowstorm brings her to the brink of death and the Dr. recommends body heat to warm her up. When Pia wakes up she automatically assumes that Nic took advantage of her. 

There is a constant battle between them for power. Will Pia forgive Nic when she finds out he is engaged? You'll need to find out what transpires between these two and if love can overcome heartache.

5 star review