The Willow Tree Wharf

 The Willow Tree Wharf

Leonie Kelsall



Reviewed by Helen


MS Kelsall has again written a story that will stay with me for a long time to come, her way of bringing characters to life on the pages, opening them up emotionally and ensuring that they become true friends like member of a family is why I love her stories so much, she is a must read author and one that I highly recommend.

We are back in Settlers Bridge and catching up with Samantha (Sam) who owns and runs the café Plough and Pies, we have met Sam before but this time we get to know her better and see her with the help of Christine, town busybody start a new direction in her life away from her abusive husband of twenty years. Sam has a long way to go to get back to her confident self.

Pierce DeAngelis has arrived to help out his friend Gabrielle, he has been a successful chef running the family trattoria in Adelaide, but things have changed and Pierce needs to take a break and look for something new, a chance encounter with the lovely Sam sees him thinking towards the future as Sam shows him the beautiful old paddle boat The Pelicanet.

Sam and Pierce are very different people and Sam has a lot to get over before she can trust in herself for the future, will Pierce be the man who can help her get there, Pierce is determined to do what he can because she lights a fire in him like no one has before, and he sets out to start a future business together, salt and pepper, together forever.

I loved this story so much it is emotional and moving and so beautifully written, my heart went out to Sam so many times, I cheered her on and Christine what can I say she really has a heart of gold and of course Pierce what a hero the best. I loved being back with the characters I have loved from previous books and do look forward to many more stories from MS Kelsall.

I do highly recommend this one, you will not want to put it down, it is a must read.

My thanks to Allen & Unwin for my copy to read and review.

5 stars
July 4, 2023 by Allen & Unwin AU