Muster in the Dust

 Muster in the Dust

Elsie Creek #5

Mel A. Rowe



Reviewed by Helen


This is another fantastic visit to Elsie Creek, Rigsy has been a favourite character of mine since I first met him and to see this fabulous, generous hero get his HEA was awesome, I loved meeting Mandy, she is just beautiful on the inside and out and their journey to the best HEA was a page turning fabulous story, Mel A. Rowe you rock with your stories, I always look forward to my visits to the Top End.

Mandy is a true country girl, dust and hard work is part of her life and she thrives on it, she is quiet and shy and has been helping run the family’s huge cattle station for years. The annual muster is about to start and everyone is in town for the start and the stockman’s games. Mandy is hoping to get a new position at the station but when her father gives it to someone else Mandy is not impressed and for the first time ever stands up to her Dad.

Rigsy, local all-round good guy is in town to get a date for his very special friend, Flo but before he knows what is happening he is standing up for one of the Muster Sisters, Mandy and is now fake dating her so as both of them can achieve some goals, but as they spend more time together they are becoming good friends and Rigsy’s heart is beating that little bit faster for this beautiful strong woman.

Both Rigsy and Mandy have secret goals that they are working on and they end up helping each other with these goals but their hearts are opening up to each other along the way in the most beautiful romance journey, there are lots are ups and downs for them both, but to see Mandy come alive and grow in strength with Rigsy’s encouragement and help had me cheering her on and Rigsy what can I say, man this guy is the best, I love him so much and Mandy and Rigsy are meant for each in so many ways, a perfect match.

This is such an awesome series I have loved every one of them, catching up with old friends and being in Elsie Creek is like a visit home and I am always looking for a new book. I do highly recommend this one it truly is a beautiful story with a beautiful romance, so many happy tears for me in this one, Mel A. Rowe knows how to write such down to earth fabulous characters and bring them to life on the pages as well as some wonderful animal characters, I love Cecil and Karma, this is a must read, I loved it.

My thanks to the author for my copy to read and review

5 stars
Published September 2021 by R&R Ramblings House