Fancy Meeting You Here

 Fancy Meeting You Here

Ali Berg and Michelle Kalus



Reviewed by Helen


I wasn’t sure about this one but once I started it I thoroughly enjoyed it, it is fun and has some wonderful characters in it, I loved Evie and seeing her find the confidence that she needed to go forward with her life as a screenplay writer, Ben was also so good what a guy, I loved him and Hugo plays such a big part in this one, this is one that had me turning the pages.

Evie is thirty and is managing a bar in a cinema in London and doing a podcast named Pasta La Vista with her best friend Ben but what she really wants is to be a screenplay writer, she had deferred her university course years ago to concentrate on her writing but still hasn’t quite got there, she is also totally obsessed with writer and actor Hugo Hearst.

When her and Ben do an interview with physic Maximillian Evie asks a lot of questions about Hugo after finding out he has visited Maximillian and he asks her questions about what she really wants in life and suggests that at a certain time she shouts out words to a song Evie is has no idea what he is saying but the next time she is with her on and off again boyfriend Ever-Ready-Freddy she shouts the words and her life is thrown into turmoil when so goes back ten years in time.

Being twenty again isn’t quite what she remembers but meeting the man she is obsessed with opens up a whole new world for Evie and makes her see things that she hadn’t seen before. I did truly enjoy this book and seeing Evie become the confident woman she is and find the happiness and love that she deserved. This is a well written story with characters who come to life on the pages it is fun and has lots of emotions as well and is a book that I would highly recommend.

My thanks to Allen & Unwin for my copy to read and review.


4 stars
Published November 30th 2021 by ALLEN & UNWIN