Under the Influence

 Under the Influence

Karina May



Reviewed by Helen


When I read the blurb on this book, I thought it would be a fun read, set mostly in my home town of Sydney and Peru, we meet Louise and Blake both are having problems in their lives and are looking to sort things out, can they do it together?

Blake runs a not for profit charity organisation in Peru and has returned home when his father becomes ill to manage the family bar Goldies, what he finds is a company in need of help, which is not going to be easy.

Louise works for a bank and is in charge of approving loans she is engaged and her and her fiancé are trying for a baby, things are not going the best and emotions are running high and Louise is soon single.

Blake and Louise meet at Goldies and there is instant dislike between them but life brings them together and Louise can either help Blake or not, throw in Tom another business owner and things start to heat up, will they sort their lives out and find love?

I struggled with this book, I didn’t connect with either Blake or Louise sadly, there are some great reviews for this book, but it wasn’t for me, it is well written and I am sure there will be lots of people who love it.
2.5 stars

My thanks to Netgalley for my copy to read and review

2.5 stars

September 1, 2022 by HarperCollins