Call me Lucy

Call me Lucy

Rania Battany

Call me Lucy by Rania Battany

Reviewed by Helen

This is a compelling story, it is emotional and so very moving and I found it very hard to put down once I started it, the characters are fabulous and getting to know them and the things that had happened in their past was all bought together by MS Battany in a wonderful poignant story with such a beautiful HEA.

A young girl is left with a brain injury after an accident in Sydney, she has no recollection of who she is or where she is from, Lillian a social worker is there to help, Lillian senses that this girl maybe blocking out a lot of her memory and instead of taking her to a shelter she takes her to her brother Billy’s place and asks him to help look after her.

Billy is not happy, off work himself with an injury, the last thing he wants to do is babysit, but he is drawn to this little woman for some reason and slowly he gets her to talk, she asks him a lot of questions about himself but doesn’t have a lot of answers about her life, but he feels that she has been hurt and that she is hurting still, the bond between them grows stronger. He calls her Lucy and they have a few outings to try and jog her memory but lots of people tend to make her pull into herself.

Lucy struggles with the fact that no one has come to claim her that she is alone and lonely she meets a guy named Tyler at the sight of the accident and he wants to be her friend and he pushes her to meet him but this causes her worry, when she wants to be with Billy, she trusts Billy but not Tyler and at first doesn’t understand why.

I don’t want to give too much away, but this story pulled at my heart, a story about abuse, but a story about love and caring, it is sensual and tender. Lucy no matter what she has been through is a beautiful woman inside and out, the strength she shows shines on the pages and Billy is just who she needed I loved him. I do highly recommend this story, I loved it thank you MS Battany, I look forward to more in this series, can’t wait to read Lillian’s story she so deserves her HEA.

5 stars


Published December 5th 2019