Turn Me Loose by Anne Calhoun (Alpha Ops #6)

Review by Tash Nz | 5 Stars

I absolutely adored this book which is about Ian, the brother Jaime from one of Anne's earlier novella's called The Seal's Second Chance

I want to say I didn't want this story to end but on the other hand couldn't wait to get to the end to find out who, where, what, why and how! With a fantastic plot and enough back story to keep turning the page, I was totally caught up in Riva and Ian's worlds and litterally thru the holding my breath moments I was seriously on the edge of my seat. 

Turn Me Loose is an exciting, fast paced and action packed story of two people who met under very interesting circumstances back when Riva was in College. I loved the history of Riva and Ian and I loved how it was laid out slowy the attraction between the two and how it was clear they both had unfinished business. Turn Me Loose is the perfect example of how flashbacks can work and each flashback added to the story. A great analogy would be completing a jigsaw, each piece I read helped pain the picture. I really enjoyed the unique occupation Riva had and how she could use it to her advantage against her father.

I thought Turn Me Loose is a solid read with everything in it; mystery, drama, romance and Ian and Riva completely made the story! Ian was heroic in more ways than one and Riva was the bravest girl I've read about in a long time. I couldn't put it down and when i had to I was constantly thinking about the story. I finished feeling gutted I'd reached the end but 120% satisfied!

I loved loved loved this story and once again Anne Calhoun has me smiling even now that I write this and I finished the story a week ago. Definitely a shelf keeper and 100% will read again!


Synopsis:  When she was on the verge of adulthood, Riva Henneman committed a crime and got caught red-handed. Luckily, she was busted by a HOT young cop...who also had a big heart. A one-time SEAL candidate, Officer Ian Hawthorn knew how it felt to have your dreams derailed. So he gave Riva a choice: face prison time or work for him as a confidential informant. But even a get-out-of-jail-free card comes with a cost. . .

Years later, Ian still remembers beautiful, innocent Riva--and the smoldering attraction they shared but both tried to ignore. Will they have a second chance, now that they're back in each other's lives? Riva's work with inner-city children has led to a surprise run-in with Ian, who has his own agenda--one that could put them both in grave danger. Is their desire worth the risk this time?

The high octane suspense and super sizzling romance continues with Turn Me Loose, the third novel in the Alpha Ops series by Anne Calhoun.